Disruption of brainwave activity causes some unpleasant symptoms. Most psychiatrists and neuroscientists use only conventional medicine to treat abnormal brain activity. Kevin T. Murphy, MD, is a San Diego Psychiatrist & Neuroscientist located at Mindset in San Diego, CA. He uses PrTMS to handle the root cause of changes in brainwave activity.
Mindset is a practice that specializes in innovative treatment aimed at improving human performance. Kevin T. Murphy, MD, and his team of qualified practitioners focus on Personalized repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (PrTMS). Specific steps are used to ensure that the PrTMS is fully tailored to meet your specific needs. The treatment plan improves the quality of your life through a non-invasive, drug-free, and personalized plan.
Your diagnostic examination involves a neurocognitive assessment and quantitative EEG. All the data is analyzed in one go by your testing physician to ensure that customization of your PrTMS treatment is done appropriately. After the commencement of your PrTMS therapy, you will be receiving regular EEGs to determine changes in your brainwaves. Continuous collection of data enables your therapist at Mindset to make relevant adjustments to your treatment plan.
At Mindset, you can get treatment for mental disorders like anxiety, depression, Post-traumatic disorder, and ADHD. You can also visit the practice to receive customized treatment for brain arrhythmias that reflect unusual nerve activity or underperforming nerves. Mindset specialists can help you to evade the unpleasant symptoms of a concussion, like sleeping disorders.
You can also receive holistic care at Mindset that touches on specific adjustments and relevant support through PrTMS. Complementary options for your treatment plan include pharmaceutical grade supplements that are safe for your health. Your treatment is designed to focus on the source of your illness rather than the immediate symptoms.
About Dr. Murphy
Kevin Murphy, MD, specializes in the treatment of your central nervous system. In 2005, the board-certified radiation oncologist founded Stereotactic Radiosurgery Program at UCSD. He uses SRS, IM-SRS, and hypo-fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery in treating brain tumors.
Dr. Murphy is a co-author of several book chapters, peer-reviewed articles, and abstracts on behalf of UCSD, and a frequent speaker at medical conferences. Kevin Murphy, MD, recently founded Mindset Treatment Center and PeakLogic. He uses PrTMS® to achieve a high level of human performance in collaboration with outside organizations.
Dr. Murphy is a holder of Bachelor’s in Science from the University of Notre Dame, a master’s in neuropsychology from Purdue University, and a medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. The US Navy veteran completed his radiation oncology residency at the Chicago School of Medicine.
Conditions Treated at Mindset
· Anxiety- Dr. Murphy uses PrTMS to treat disrupted brainwaves that are responsible for obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety.
· Depression- If your condition is resistant to antidepressant medication, Dr. Murphy can help you through PrTMS by addressing the root cause of your depression.
· ADHD- PrTMS generates magnetic impulses to restore brain activity to alleviate the symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
· PTSD- PrTMS improves brain function in the specific areas affected by PTSD to enhance your quality of life. Dr. Murphy effectively treats patients of all ages.
· Sleep Disorders- Chronic sleep disorder can affect your health and general productivity at work. PrTMS rectifies unusual brain activity.
· Concussion- After a concussion, you may experience intense symptoms like dizziness and headaches. PrTMS alleviates the symptoms of concussions by restoring your brain activity.
· Autism- Dr. Murphy uses PrTMS to restore disrupted brainwaves to normal and to normalize nerve activity to alleviate the symptoms of Autism.
You can call the San Diego office or book an appointment online to learn more about personalized repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation or get treatment for the conditions highlighted.
Leave a Reply