Pain is a common thing, but it may require proper medical attention if it goes beyond control. The body of a human is exposed to many kinds of pain that affect different body parts. Some of the most commonly experienced pain include leg pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, and back pain. Knee pain is not commonly experienced, however, there is a need to address it. Visit knee pain in Jacksonville to receive treatment if you are in any way experiencing this pain. For more information, please ensure that you book an appointment. Here is what you should know about knee pain.
What is knee pain?
Any pain that an individual experiences in the knees and the areas surrounding it is called knee pain. The pain is sometimes experienced as moving towards the thighs and legs. It is a severe condition that may hinder an individual from daily activities such as kneeling, running, and playing.
What are the causes of knee pain?
Several factors fall under the leading causes of knee pain. They include the following:
· Knee-related problems. The knee is primarily made of very complex joints. The joints play a crucial role in the movement of the knee. If an individual develops a complication in the joints or the iliotibial band, they will experience severe pain. Other problems such as dislocation cause severe knee pain.
· Injuries. The knee is usually exposed to many injuries, especially to people involved in physical sports such as rugby and football. Injuries cause harm to the kneecap, which results in fractures. The fractures are very painful and make the knee experience severe pain.
· Other conditions. Conditions such as inflammation in the joints and arthritis cause knee pain. If these conditions are left unhandled, they may lead to severe knee pain.
When is the right time to go to the doctor?
Knee pain should not last for more than one week. If this happens, make sure that you visit a hospital immediately to help you manage the pain. Visiting a doctor early before the pain gets out of hand, helps to manage the condition at an early stage to avoid minor surgeries.
How is knee pain treated?
When you visit a doctor for knee pain, a close examination is done to determine the pain level. This will help them develop a treatment plan that will fully suit your knee pain. It will also ensure that the pain is relieved as fast as possible. The most commonly practiced knee treatment plans include:
· Physical therapy
· Taking pain-relieving medications
· Platelet-rich plasma therapy
· Injections help in reducing the pain
The other commonly used way to address this particular pain is to make adjustments or changes in lifestyles, such as regularly exercising to reduce the excessive weight that puts pressure on the knees.
In conclusion, people should take knee pain seriously as it has underlying health effects on an individual. When you experience this pain, please visit a doctor for proper medical attention before the condition gets out of hand.