Women in the US opt for breast augmentation surgery for various reasons, including feeling satisfied with their appearance, self-esteem, and other benefits. While the decision to go for this procedure is personal and can bring great returns, you should be careful while considering whether or not breast augmentation is essential and whether you are fit. Suppose you would like to have that symmetrical, aesthetic, and pleasing look. Specialists in Pasadena breast augmentation at Sasaki Advanced Aesthetic Medical Center are certified and have the latest technology to give you a beautiful new look. The team of doctors aims to provide you with a fresh look while considering your needs and goals.
What is the purpose of breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is done to:
· Make small breasts bigger
· Restore the size of the breast after giving birth, breastfeeding, or weight loss
· To have a symmetrical look
· Breast surgery may be done as part of reconstructive measures to cure breast cancer
What should I expect during breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a form of surgery in which you should practice due diligence before the procedure. When you visit your doctor, they will offer you a choice of sizes you would prefer. This may be done by putting the various sizes on your bra so that you can identify. Before the surgery, your doctor may inject you with a general anesthetic where you will be asleep or a local anesthetic in which you will be awake during the procedure. It would help if you discussed the various incision choices with your doctor, which will depend on your anatomy, size, and implant type, among other factors.
How do I ensure a smooth recovery after breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation procedures normally entail general anesthesia, and after the surgery, your doctor will place you in a recovery room where the specialist will monitor you as you wake up. When going home, request someone to drive you. The success of this recovery depends on how you recover. To promote good healing, you should:
· Eat nutritious food: such food as lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables which promotes your healing.
· Put on loose clothes: Loose clothes help you feel comfortable and easy breathing.
· Finish tasks at home before surgery: after the surgery, you need to rest and avoid any strenuous work.
· Put on recovery bras: such bras control pain and swelling.
· Take pain medications
· Look after your incisions: Depending on your doctor’s recommendation, you may be required to put on a bandage or apply jelly on the area.
Breast augmentation recovery takes a few weeks, and it may be longer if it develops any complications. To avoid this, ensure that you follow your doctor’s instructions, take a rest, and eat nutritious food. The recovery period should take up to eight weeks before you resume your normal work. When looking for an appropriate surgeon, look for someone board-certified and result-oriented to satisfy your needs, safe and comfortable, and how they handle you during and after the procedure. Stay in touch with your doctor and ask them any questions to ensure a smooth recovery process and satisfactory results.