You need a primary care doctor to look after your entire family. Delray Medical & Dental is your trusted primary care in Delray Beach, Florida. You will meet Juan Borja, DO, and his team of qualified experts that are qualified and experienced in primary care.
This is your guide on the primary care offered at Delray Medical & Dental.
What is Primary Care?
Primary care is the first contact between a patient and the healthcare provider in a bid to grant access to the available resources for optimal health outcomes. Health care providers at Delray Medical & Dental take the time to know you, run conclusive tests, and prescribe the best remedy.
At Delray Medical & Dental, you shall receive expert primary care that is shaped to suit your medical history and current health status and information gathered by your doctor. The doctors use their vast knowledge to help you through psychological, physical, and social ailments.
In most cases, primary care services at Delray Medical & Dental include:
· Sick visits
· Illness and disease treatment
· Wellness exams
· Disease prevention
· Health screenings
· Referrals to specialists
· Exercise, diet, and weight counseling
After running tests and engaging you for more data, your doctor lets you know of your condition and possible options. Your voice is considered while deciding on your treatment plan. Healthcare providers serving you are friendly and prefer using interactive sessions.
Benefits of Primary Care
Primary Care provides easy access to medical care, focusing on you as a whole individual rather than the illness alone. It is highly effective in preventing any health conditions that can present potential dangers in the near or distant future.
Prevention of conditions that might affect your health in the days to come helps you and healthcare providers to avoid the hefty financial burden of seeking a cure. You need regular primary care appointments to reduce the need for hospitalization, secondary, and tertiary healthcare services.
What to Expect During a Primary Care Appointment?
A primary care appointment is required to maintain your health in perfect condition at all times. At Delray Medical & Dental, your provider begins by checking your weight, vital signs, and blood pressure. A review of your medical history is made in addition to a series of questions about your symptoms and specific health concerns that you might have.
The doctor runs a series of tests that include;
· Listening to your lungs and heart
· Evaluation of ears, eyes, throat, abdomen, skin, and extremities
· Wellness examinations include Assessment of your genitals
· Pelvic exam
· Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer
Your Delray Medical & Dental provider may recommend additional screenings of the prostate, breast, sexually transmitted diseases, colon cancer, and hormone imbalance screenings. You might also get tests for diabetes, high cholesterol, and other chronic diseases.
Possible Treatment Options
· Medication- you might get a prescription for high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, high cholesterol, depression, and acute illness.
· Lifestyle Changes- your doctor provides relevant guidance on how you can change your lifestyle and adjust your diet to ensure that you are in perfect condition.
· Additional diagnostic testing- your doctor might recommend further diagnostic testing such as X-rays, imaging tests, biopsy, and minimally invasive procedures.
· Vaccinations- if necessary, you shall get a vaccine to help in the prevention of flu and other infectious diseases.
If you have a complex condition, you will get a relevant referral to the next available specialist.
Whenever you need to optimize your health and wellness to prevent or manage a disease, you can request an appointment through a phone call to Delray Medical & Dental or book online.