Physical injuries are likely to detach you from the activities you love. Additionally, they can make you miss work or fail to function at your workplace fully. Unfortunately, most of the injuries may not heal independently over a couple of days. Thanks to individualized care and customized treatment at your Holmdel Gramercy Pain Center, you will be able to resume your everyday life strong and healthy. The interventional pain management team at the facility will evaluate your pain, determine its source, and relieve you from pain, improving your life quality.
The following accidents are likely to cause you physical injuries:
Auto injuries and workman’s compensation injuries
Auto accidents and work injuries are everyday occurrences, most of which need treatment to accelerate healing. Common injuries from these accidents range from minor bruises and scrapes to severe injuries that may be life-threatening. Auto injuries affect your body parts differently and your treatment may vary depending on the injuries’ severity and your affected body parts.
Auto accident and workplace injuries include:
· Head and brain injuries
· Facial injuries
· Neck injuries
· Clavicle and rib injuries
· Spinal cord and back injuries
· Internal injuries
· Lower extremity injuries (sprains, strains, fractures)
· Psychological injuries (mental trauma)
These injuries happen when you engage in sports or physical exercises, especially when you overuse or apply a force greater than your body part can structurally sustain. The inability to warm up before a strenuous physical activity may also make you susceptible to such injuries. Sports injuries happen in two categories: acute or chronic. You are likely to have an acute injury when you have a sudden injury. On the other hand, a chronic injury results from continuous overuse of your muscles or joints. To minimize your risks, your care provider may suggest precautions like:
· Maintain and use the right equipment
· When necessary, wear protective gear to shield you from injury
· Rest between exercises
· Start slowly, then gradually increase your intensity and flexibility.
· Back off from strenuous activity when you start feeling uncomfortable or in pain.
What are the physical therapies that might help you recover from sports or auto accidents?
Contacting your physical therapist after an accident or fall is crucial in recovery. The right physical therapy may minimize your symptoms and help you recover completely. Physical therapy treatments your doctor may recommend include:
· Joint mobilization. Mobilization entails gently shifting your joints in various positions to ease you from pain and increase the joint’s flexibility. Since it is a passive process, your doctor will do all the work of moving your joints for you. However, he may show you how to move the joint at home to promote healing.
· Massage therapy. The therapy helps improve motion range and minimize muscle stiffness. As your muscles relax, your body also relaxes, contributing to your psychological well-being.
· Exercise. Gentle and gradual physical activities are the best ways to activate your healing process. Your care provider may incorporate various exercising tools like exercise balls and resistance bands to work your treatment areas.
· Ultrasound. Penetration of ultrasound waves into your skin and tissues to your targeted muscles promotes the healing of your muscle strains and ligaments.
Most physical injuries might not heal appropriately without professional help. Do not hesitate to contact your specialist when you need care professional care when suffering from an injury.
Leave a Reply