A smile is one of the facial features that identify an individual. This gives most individuals the pressure of having a perfect smile, and in turn, positively affecting their self-esteem and confidence. Are you looking to brighten your life with the perfect smile? Aesthetic dental fillings in New York, have you covered.
Aesthetic Dental Fillings
The act of cleaning your tooth’s portion, which is affected by decay, and filling in the cleaned parts with a material that is specialized in the area, to prevent further decay, is known as an aesthetic dental filling. They can also be used in broken or cracked tooth repair.
Tooth Filling Steps
Local anesthesia is used to numb around your tooth area. The decayed area is then removed by a laser. Your dentist then tests your decayed area to ensure all decayed material is removed. Next, the left-out space is then cleaned of debris and bacteria in preparation for the fillings.
A composite resin made of glass ionomer can be used as a liner if your decay is close to your root. After finishing with the fillings, your tooth is then polished.
Types of Filling Materials and Their Advantages and Disadvantages
Cast gold advantages include:
· It is durable with a lifespan of about 10-15 years or longer.
· It is strong enough to withstand a chewing force.
· It has an aesthetic effect on some people.
Some of the disadvantages of cast gold include:
· It is expensive compared to other types of fillings.
· It requires additional dentist visits.
· It is possible to experience galvanizing shock.
· Some people are less attracted to colored fillings.
Silver fillings advantages include:
· It is durable and can last up to 15 years or over.
· It is cheaper compared to a composite filling.
· It can withstand chewing pressure.
Silver fillings disadvantages:
· Its appearance may not be pleasing due to its mismatched color to your tooth.
· Your tooth structure may be destroyed.
· It may cause discoloration of your surrounding tooth structure.
· It contracts and expands to a wider degree, causing cracks and fractures.
· You may be allergic to mercury.
Composites that are tooth-colored advantages:
· It can be color-matched to your teeth color.
· It bonds to the structure of your tooth, further supporting your tooth.
· It can also be used for cracks and broken tooth repair other than as fillings.
Composites that are tooth-colored disadvantages:
· It is not durable compared to the other fillings.
· It requires more placing time for the fillings compared to other fillings.
· It requires additional visits to your dentist.
· Depending on your location, your fillings might chip off.
· It is expensive compared to amalgam.
Talk to a Dental Fillings Expert Today
Having a perfect smile not only brightens your day and moods but also gives you the confidence you need to start your day and builds your morale to invest in your oral health. This generally contributes to your overall well-being as well as your daily performance. Aesthetic fillings allow you to conquer your world on your own terms, contact the 286 Madison dental team to schedule an appointment.