Researchers have proven that there is a firm relationship that exists between your oral health and overall wellness. Apart from warding off severe dental and physical problems, a healthy mouth has a positive effect on your self-esteem. Missing teeth is one significant occurrence of the dental system. When you have missing teeth, you will notice that you have difficulties biting and chewing. Additionally, loss of teeth jeopardizes your oral and general health. Thanks to technology, missing teeth can now be replaced and you can be sure to have your dental implants and dentures done by your Campbell tooth replacement experts at Ueno Center Dental Specialists. The facility offers a wide range of advanced technology options in tooth replacement.
What is tooth replacement and why do you need it?
Tooth replacement is the practice of putting in a prosthetic tooth to replace your fallen out or weakened tooth. Tooth decay and gum diseases are the major causes of tooth loss, though one can also lose their teeth through accidental injuries. Your teeth replacement plan, usually decided upon by you and your dentist, will effectively help fix the underlying causes of your tooth loss. With missing teeth, you will increase work on the other teeth, making the present teeth susceptible to bone loss, premature wear, and unforeseen damage.
You may need to see your dentist for teeth replacement when you lose your natural teeth due to:
· Impacted teeth
· Malformed or deformed teeth
· Age-related bone loss
· Advanced periodontal disease
· Oral bone defect
· Receded gums
· Facial trauma
What options do you have on teeth replacement?
Different dentists offer varying teeth replacement options, depending on the needs of the patient or the underlying causes. At Ueno Center Dental Specialists, the dental experts offer several teeth replacement options including:
· Dental implants. Dental implants are permanent solutions for missing teeth. The biocompatible titanium that looks identical to your natural tooth will give you a permanent crown.
· Dentures. Dentures are prosthetic devices customized to replace all missing teeth either on one or both jaws.
· Metal partial. This tooth replacement plan is not a permanent solution. A metal partial, made of metal and plastic, is a partial denture supported by wire clips to hold it in position
· Flipper. A flipper is a removable plastic tooth. This temporary tooth with a plastic retainer is quite fragile and has to be removed before eating.
· Fixed bridge. A fixed bridge bridges gaps between missing teeth using a prosthetic tooth.
What is crown lengthening?
Crown lengthening is a procedure done to re-contour your gum, making your tooth appear longer. The stretching that exposes more of your tooth’s surface is done to improve your look or for functional purposes.
· Functional crown lengthening. Your dentist will recommend a functional extension if your tooth is incapacitated in holding a crown, bridge, or filling.
· Aesthetic crown lengthening. This procedure is done for cosmetics purposes. You can visit your dentist for an aesthetic crown lengthening when you feel like you are showing too much gum when smiling or your teeth are too short.
A confident smile should be your aspiration. Book your appointment at Ueno Center Dental Specialists to learn about the available option for replacing missing teeth.
Leave a Reply