You may suffer an injury during physical activity. You could be a professional athlete or engaging in physical activity to boost your health. When left untreated, these injuries can prevent you from engaging in your favorite sport, fitness pursuit, or engaging effectively in your daily routine. Thanks to your reliable Westfield sports injuries experts, you can live a pain-free fulfilling life and resume your physical athletes with ease.
What are the types of sports injuries?
There are types of sports injuries. They include:
· Strains. These injuries result when you overstretch or tear your muscles or tendons.
· Sprains. You are likely to get a sprain when you overstretch or tear your ligaments (tissues responsible for connecting two bones in a joint).
· Dislocations. You will experience a dislocation when you strain your bone, forcing it out of its socket. A dislocation is usually painful and may be painful and may cause the affected joint to swell or weaken.
· Swollen muscles. Swelling is a common reaction when you have an injury. A swollen muscle is usually painful and weak.
· Knee injuries. Your doctor will consider an injury that interferes with your regular knee-joint movements as a sports injury. The problem could result from stretching or tearing of muscles or tissues in your knee.
· Achilles tendon rupture. The Achilles is a powerful tendon on your ankle. When you damage or rapture this thin tendon, you could experience sudden pain that can cause difficulty in walking.
· Rotator cuff injury. The rotator cuff facilitates the smooth movement of your shoulder in all directions. A tear or damage of the four muscles that make up the rotator cuff can weaken the joint and make it difficult for you to move the shoulder.
How do you treat sports injuries?
Your doctor will recommend a wide range of sports injuries‘ treatments. The RICE treatment is a typical therapy that is usually the first step to take when you experience an injury. Your doctor might recommend a rest before you ice the injury. After that, you will compress and evaluate the damage. The RICE treatment will help ease your symptoms for the first 36 hours. However, if the injury does not respond to the therapy, you should contact your doctor.
Depending on your severity, your doctor will recommend a personalized treatment to address your condition and weigh each approach’s pros and cons. Thanks to the various sports injury treatments at Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine, you will not have to rush to pick an option. Some of these treatments include
· Physical therapy
· Ultrasound-guided tendon and joint injections
· PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections
· BMAC (bone marrow aspirate concentrate) stem cell injections
· Facet joint injections
· Trigger point injections
· Epidural injections
· Radiofrequency ablation
· Concussion management
How do you diagnose sports injuries?
Your diagnosis begins when you discuss your symptoms with your doctor and how you got the injury. Your doctor will do a physical examination to assess the damage, the extent of the swelling or sensations. The specialist may also request for an X-Ray to locate possible displacement of internal tissues.
Whether you are a professional athlete or not, you are susceptible to sports injuries. It could be a dislocation, a sprain, or problems with your shoulders. Do not go through excruciating pain when you can contact the professionals for help. For more inquiries, book an online appointment with your doctor at Genesis Regenerative Sports and Aesthetic Medicine.
Leave a Reply