With an ever-changing learning landscape, professors and course developers have to constantly think of new ways to interact with their students. The physical classroom, while certainly not a thing of the past, is not the mainstay that it once was. Luckily, a quick internet search reveals the online tutoring Chicago has to offer, and we wanted to break down some of the key aspects of a successful online tutoring course. These tutoring companies have learned how to design courses in such a way that they ensure students enjoy them at all times.
Triggering Engagement Through Digital Learning
- Triggering any knowledge students already have. If they can use their existing knowledge, the new course becomes more relevant, and this will make it more interesting as well.
- Understanding the goals of the student. The courses have all been developed following consultations with other students, trying to find out what they wanted to learn.
- Following the goals of the student, rather than that of the organization.
- Encouraging students to share their personal interests, and encouraging them to go above and beyond those. This is almost like a reward: if students are made to feel they are really good at learning, they will become more motivated to not just continue with the existing course, but take up new ones as well.
- Asking students to share their knowledge with the rest of the class, thereby showing others that they are not by themselves. Not just that, online reviews can help interested students find out what it is all about before deciding whether or not to enroll.
- Connecting with students and interacting with them in a meaningful way. This is done by making professors go through a stringent application process that ascertains that they are able to deliver the material in an interesting, engaging manner.
- Showing students how to learn, so that they have clear expectations of both themselves and of what the course will be able to do for them.
- Using real-life scenarios. Students always feel more connected if they can imagine using what they have learned in real life. This means things are more relevant and, thereby, more interesting.
For any online tutor, the goal is to encourage people to embrace lifelong learning. However, they also become members of a community of learners, which supports itself in getting bigger and better.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.